Sapporo Dome is a big dome style stadium. This stadium hosted 3 matches in the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
Consadole Sapporo has two home stadium. One is this Sapporo Dome, and another one is Atsubetsu Park Athletic Stadium. Recently, main stadium is this dome. Sapporo Dome has a unique system that could be exchanged football stadium for baseball studium. Arena (field area) and auditorium can be move and rearranged. This world’s first technology is called “Hovering Soccer Field” (introduction site).
- Name: Sapporo Dome
- Capacity: 41,484 (football mode)
- Location: 1 Hitsujigaoka, toyohiraku, Sapporo, Japan
- Opened: June 3, 2001
- Owner: Sapporo City
- Operator: Sapporo Dome Co.,Ltd.
- Official site: Sapporo Dome
- sapporo dome – google map